Come and enjoy this short and exciting tour of the majestic Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe, one of the 7 world wonders together with a safari tour in Chobe, Botswana under the guidance of our professional tour guides.
This exciting and adventurous tour includes the following activities;
• Chobe day trip: This is a full day Safari tour comprising a Cruise on the Chobe River and a Game Drive in the world famous Chobe National Park in Botswana. The 11700 square kilometres park popularly known as, ‘The land of Giants’, is located in the northern Botswana with more than 750 species of mammals and 450 birds of all kind. It is only an hour’s drive from Victoria Falls. The national Park is home to one of the largest game concentrations in Africa. Bordered by the banks of the breath-taking Chobe River, it is famous for its rich elephant and lion population. The tour departs daily from Victoria Falls where guests are transferred by road for 70km to the border where their Botswana guide will meet them after immigration procedures. A buffet lunch is served in-between at local lodges overlooking the Chobe River giving more sightings on crocodiles, hippos and elephants. Complimentary drinks are served during your game drive.
• Guided Tour of the Falls: You will have a chance to tour Victoria Falls which is popularly known as Mosi-oa Tunya in Tonga language which means ‘The smoke that thunders”. Victoria Falls is also billed as the Greatest Falling Curtain of Water on this Planet, making it one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. Guests will have an up-close look at the rocky gorges that serve as steep channels for the Zambezi River. This is a chance to see Livingstone’s Statue and the Devil’s Cataract — the lowest point of the falls.
• Zambezi Sunset and dinner cruise : In the late afternoon, guests will go and experience the stunning beauty of the African sunset on an evening Zambezi River cruise enjoying a champagne toast among themselves and other fellow passengers and gazing out over the placid waters in search of hippos, crocodiles and elephants. Unlimited drinks and snacks will be part of this relaxing evening that showcases the best of the famous Zimbabwe waterway. A delicious 3 course meal is served thereafter, on board.
• Or Helicopter flight of Angels: This is a breathe-catching and a lifetime opportunity to fly over the curtain of Victoria Falls for a duration of 12-13 minutes viewing the area surrounding the Falls.
• Boma Dinner: This a traditional a four-course meal combining a mouth-watering choice of starters from the kitchen, soup from the campfire and a substantial barbeque buffet served on cast iron plates. It offers a superb selection of traditional Zimbabwean dishes.
A feast of nightly entertainment incorporates Amakwezi traditional dancers, singers, a local story teller and a Sangoma (traditional healer). After dinner, guests are invited to join in the drumming extravaganza. This is the highlight of the evening and all are invited to participate in the drumming and dancing show with their renowned drummers – Amazulu
This package is inclusive of the following;
• 3 nights’ accommodation in a 4 star hotel
• 3 breakfasts
• Zambezi Sunset cruise and dinner
• Guided Tour of the Falls
• The Helicopter flight of Angels
• Chobe safari day trip and lunch
• Boma dinner and return transfers
• Return airport transfers in Victoria Falls
• Taxes ( river usage fee; Rain Forest entry fee; fuel surcharge)
Day 1: Arrival
On arrival at the Victoria Falls airport you will meet our representative and transferred to your hotel for check-in and take a rest from your flight journey. As the sun sets, our driver/guide will pick you up from your hotel to experience the stunning beauty of the African sunset on an evening 2 hour Zambezi River cruise enjoying a champagne toast with other fellow passengers and gazing out over the placid waters in search of hippos, crocodiles and elephants. Unlimited drinks and snacks will be part of this relaxing evening that showcases the best of the famous Zimbabwe waterway. A delicious 3 course dinner is served thereafter, on board. Upon returning from your cruise, you will be welcomed by traditional dancers with their songs and dances adding more fireworks to your evening. You will be transferred back to your hotel for 3 nights stay.
Day 2: Guided tour of the Falls and flight of angels
At 08:30 after breakfast, you will start your day by embarking on a thrilling 2 hour tour of the Falls under the guidance of a professional and knowledgeable tour guide who will take you through all the interesting points in the Rainforest. You will have a chance to tour Victoria Falls which is popularly known as Mosi-oa Tunya in Tonga language which means ‘The smoke that thunders. You will also have an up-close look at the rocky gorges that serve as steep channels for the Zambezi River. This is a chance to see Livingstone’s Statue and the Devil’s Cataract — the lowest point of the falls.
From the Rainforest, you will stop-over at the Big Tree which is located 2km from the falls. The big tree, is an impressive baobab that is believed to be more than 1,000 years old and perceived to the biggest in Zimbabwe. It measures 22.40 metres in girth (2004) and is 24 metres tall (1985).
After this tour, you will be transferred back to your hotel for a short break before proceeding to view again the Greatest Falling Curtain of Water on this Planet, the Victoria Falls but this time on a different amazing angle, over the falls and their gauges through the Helicopter flight of angels for a duration of 12-13 minutes.
After take-off the helicopter turns out towards the magnificent Victoria Falls. The pilot will fly left and right hand circuits over the Victoria Falls in both directions giving guests the best viewing, photographic and filming opportunities. A trip up the Zambezi River and back over the Zambezi National Park completes the flight. You will be transferred back to the hotel or enjoy your lunch from local restaurants and have a free afternoon thereafter to engage in other optional activities.
In the evening at 18:30, you will be picked up from your hotel for another memorable evening at the Boma- The place of eating to enjoy the traditional 4 course meal, the Boma dinner with a wider selection of game meat, potjiekos (hunter’s stew) ,local vegetables ,millet/sorghum meals and many more local drinks .After dinner you are invited to join in the drumming extravaganza with renowned drummers, Amazulu. After dinner you will be transferred back to your hotel for a night stay.
Day 3: Chobe safari day trip in Botswana
Early in the morning at 0730 after your breakfast, you will be picked up from your hotel herding towards Kazungula border post, the border which borders Zimbabwe and Botswana from Victoria Falls side. You will be assisted for immigration clearance by the driver/tour guide. After clearance from Zimbabwean side, you will be handed over in the safe hands of the Botswana tour guide/driver who will also assist you on immigration clearance on Botswana side. After the clearance at the border, you will proceed to Chobe River for your morning cruise. The journey is approximately 2 hours.
Tea/coffee and biscuits will be served during your morning cruise. After morning cruise you will break for a buffet lunch at a local lodge facing the Chobe River and continue to enjoy the river sight having a glimpse of some of the marine inhabitants such as the elephants, crocodiles and hippos.
After lunch you will engage in an exciting 3 hour game drive around the Chobe National park for a full view of most of the wildlife .You will be escorted by a professional guide/s armed with rifles who will share with you more information about the wildlife you encounter. Complimentary drinks (sparkling wines/beer/soft drinks) will be served during your game drive.
After completing your long day adventure, you will be transferred back to Victoria Falls via the same route, Kazungula border post.
Day 4: Optional activities
After breakfast, the day is free for optional activities (which need to be booked in advance) which can be done before your transfer to Victoria Falls Airport for your flight.